Annual Travel Insurance for Australians
Do you travel regularly on holidays or to visit friends and relatives? Have you a busy travelling schedule in the next twelve months? If you do then an Annual Multi-Journey policy makes perfect sense.
An Annual Multi-Journey policy is a twelve month policy that covers you for unlimited international and unlimited domestic trips. As long as your business trips are a maximum of 90 days and your leisure trips are a maximum of 37 days, your policy will cover you worldwide including domestic trips within Australia. If you have any single trip slightly longer than the 37 and 90 days then you can purchase an add-on policy for those extra days. The Annual Travel Insurance policy is available as a Traditional Comprehensive annual policy or there is also a Basic annual policy which has reduced coverage in certain categories of cover. Please be careful to compare the benefits of both policies before purchasing your policy.
Purchase the new Family Annual Travel Insurance policy and you and your spouse or de facto can travel on trips together or on trips independently of each other.
One Policy - Unlimited International and Domestic Trips
Your Annual Multi-Journey policy gives you comprehensive cover. Some of the benefits are listed below, but for a summary of benefits of the annual policy click on the relevant Aussietravelcover or CHI Product Disclosure Statements.
- Unlimited* cancellation cover ($3000 cover in Basic Policy)
- Unlimited* overseas emergency assistance
- Unlimited* overseas emergency hospital expenses
- Rental Vehicle Excess of $5000 (Aussietravelcover) and $3,000 (CHI).
$2,000 cover applies to Basic policies.
- $5 million personal liability ($1 million cover in Basic Policy)
Please refer to the PDS for the benefits of the Basic Annual Multi Journey Policy.
*sub-limits apply. It is important to read carefully and understand the terms and conditions in either the Aussietravelcover Product Disclosure Statement or the CHI Travel Insurance Product Disclosure Statement before purchasing.
Single Annual Travel Insurance Policy
When you purchase a Single Annual Multi Journey policy or Basic Annual Policy you as the insured are covered wherever you travel on unlimited international or domestic journeys. Your dependant children under the age of 21 and not working full time are also covered whilst travelling with you on the identical itinerary. Age loadings may apply.
Family Annual Travel Insurance Policy
When you purchase a Family Annual Multi-Journey policy of family Basic Policy your spouse or legally recognised de facto can now travel with you or independently of you. Cover is also provided to your dependants when they are travelling with you or your spouse or legally recognised de facto. There is now no need to purchase two separate annual policies if each of you do a lot of individual travel. Age loadings may apply.
Additional options you might like to consider are:
- Removing the $100 excess where applicable. This can be particularly handy when you might incur a small claim, eg. a doctor's visit.
- Automatic cover is given under Luggage and Personal Effects cover to items up to $750 in value. Personal computers, video recorders or cameras are covered up to $4,000 (Aussietravelcover) and $3,000 (CHI), golf clubs up to $2,000 (Aussietravelcover) and mobile phones or items with phone capabilities up to $1,000. You may wish to insure any of your higher priced items by paying 4% of their value up to a maximum of $5000 (exclusions apply). Limits on Basic Cover plans may be reduced.
Pre-existing Medical Conditions - New Paperless Process
This is a very important aspect to consider when purchasing travel insurance. Not all Pre Existing Medical Conditions are covered automatically and not all plans offer pre existing cover. Please refer to pages 9 to 12 of the relevant Product Disclosure Statements for more information. If you are 74 years of age or under and you think you have a Pre Existing Medical Condition and would like cover for that condition, please contact the Medical Assessment line for Aussietravelcover on 1800 661 345 or for CHI Travel Insurance on 1800 671 826 . Please give them Travel Insurance Services as your reference when asked.