Australians Already Overseas Travel Insurance – Save 25%
Are you an Australian resident currently overseas and your travel insurance has expired? Maybe your current insurance company refuses to extend your policy! Or maybe you just totally forgot to take out travel insurance before you left home. An already overseas travel insurance policy might be just what you are looking for. We help many Australians on a daily basis purchase a policy whilst they are already overseas.
You can purchase any of our regular Aussietravelcover International Plans whilst already overseas which will give you the identical coverage to policies purchased by Australians before they depart Australia. All the policies include unlimited overseas emergency medical assistance (Allianz Global Assistance) and unlimited* overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses plus many more categories of cover.
Please note, cover is only available if:
- You are a resident of Australia; and
- Your policy commences overseas and ends with you returning to Australia.
You can purchase a policy after you leave Australia, subject to the following conditions:
- A waiting period of 48-hours applies to all claims arising from, related to, or associated with any injury or sickness. This waiting period starts from the time that you purchase the policy as stated on your Certificate of Insurance.
- There is no cover for pre-existing medical conditions other than those specifically listed under the heading ‘Pre Existing Medical Conditions which may be covered with no additional premium payable’ on pages 24 and 25 of the Product Disclosure Statement.
- See page 31 of the PDS for specific information about purchasing a policy whilst already overseas.
Getting a Quote: Receive an instant quote online with the Aussietravelcover Quote button. Alternatively you can get a Detailed Quote emailed to you by one of our consultants. It will ensure you have all the correct information specific to your policy, a printable plan comparison summary, the latest PDS, and will give you the opportunity to ask us any questions.
Quoting and Purchasing Tips
- Enter your policy start date as the ‘departure’ date.
- Make sure you check the box indicating that you are already overseas.
- If you are unsure about anything we suggest that you obtain a detailed quote from us to ensure that you are eligible for this policy.
- When purchasing a policy, select the appropriate international destination category for the duration of your policy.
- If you are travelling to more than one overseas destination – for Aussietravelcover you select your main destination category (by majority of time) for the duration of your policy. If you purchase for your main destination category, you will still be covered worldwide in all other minor destinations you may visit.
- Skiing and Snowboarding cover is automatically included in our policies with no extra surcharge (off piste excluded)
- Motorcycle/Moped/Scooter riding is covered if you are fully licensed. Please see page 55 of the PDS.
- Many other adventure activities are also covered. Get a detailed quote and ask to confirm whether your planned adventure activities are covered.
If you do purchase from our website you will receive an instant confirmation emailed to you with your policy certificate and electronic emergency assistance card attached.
Need further assistance ?
Travel Insurance Services look forward to assisting you with all Aussietravelcover products. You can save 25% on all our premiums whether you purchase from us online or over the phone.