Australians Already Overseas Travel Insurance – Save 25%
Are you an Australian resident currently overseas and your travel insurance has expired? Maybe your current insurance company refuses to extend your policy! Or maybe you just totally forgot to take out travel insurance before you left home. An already overseas travel insurance policy might be just what you are looking for. We help many Australians on a daily basis purchase a policy whilst they are already overseas.
You can purchase any of our regular International Plans whilst already overseas which will give you identical coverage to policies purchased by Australians before they depart Australia. All the policies include unlimited* overseas emergency medical assistance (Allianz Global Assistance) and unlimited* overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses plus many more categories of cover.
Please note cover is only available subject to these conditions:
- You are a resident of Australia.
- Your policy commences overseas and ends when you return to Australia.
- A waiting period of 48 hours applies to all claims arising from, related to, or associated with any injury or sickness. This waiting period starts from the issue date and time of the policy as stated on your Certificate of Insurance.
- There is no cover for pre-existing medical conditions other than those specifically listed under the heading ‘Pre Existing Medical Conditions which may be covered with no additional premium payable’ on pages 24 & 25 of the Product Disclosure Statements.
See page 31 & 32 of the PDS for specific information about purchasing a policy whilst already overseas.
Getting a Quote : You can get an online quote yourself with the Aussietravelcover Quote or CHI Travel Insurance buttons. Alternatively you can get a Detailed Quote emailed to you by one of our consultants. This will ensure that you have all the correct information, a summary of the benefits of the policy, plus the latest brochure. It will also include helpful information specific to the policy you wish to purchase and give you the opportunity to ask any questions.
Quoting and purchasing tips;
- Enter your policy start date as the start/departure date.
- The online purchasing system is mainly designed for people purchasing a policy before departing Australia. However the PDS has a specific Already Overseas section on pages 31 and 32 that states that you can purchase the normal international plans as an Australian already overseas. You can easily get a quote and purchase online ignoring the wording at the payment agreement page where it states you must be in Australia to purchase a policy.
We suggest that you obtain a detailed quote from us to ensure that you are eligible for this policy.
When purchasing a policy, select the appropriate international destination category for the duration of your policy.
If you are travelling to more than one overseas destination;
For Aussietravelcover you select your main destination (by majority of time) for the duration of your policy.
For CHI Travel Insurance you select your highest destination category (you are permitted a 3 night stopover in a higher destination than the geographical area that you select).
Skiing and Snowboarding cover is included in our policies with no extra surcharge ( off piste excluded )
Motorcycle/Moped/Scooter riding is covered if you are fully licensed in the country you are visiting.
Many other adventure activities are also covered. Get a detailed quote and ask us to confirm whether your planned adventure activities are covered.
If you do purchase from our website you will receive an instant confirmation emailed to you with your policy certificate and electronic emergency assistance card attached.
Get a detailed email quote from us to confirm your quote with any additional enquiries you may have. You can also contact us on 1300 851 565.