Australians Already Overseas Travel Insurance – Save 25%
Are you an Australian resident currently overseas and your travel insurance has expired? Maybe your current insurance company refuses to extend your policy! Or maybe you just totally forgot to take out travel insurance before you left home. An already overseas travel insurance policy might be just what you are looking for. We help many Australians on a daily basis purchase a policy whilst they are already overseas.
You can purchase any of our regular International Plans whilst already overseas which will give you the identical coverage to policies purchased by Australians before they depart Australia. All the policies include overseas emergency medical assistance and overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses plus many more categories of cover.
Please note, cover is only available if:
- You are a resident of Australia; and
- Your policy commences overseas and ends with you returning to Australia.
You can purchase a policy after you leave Australia, subject to the following conditions:
- A waiting period of 48 hours applies to all claims arising from, related to, or associated with any injury or sickness. This waiting period starts from the time that you purchase the policy as stated on your Certificate of Insurance.
- There is no cover for pre-existing medical conditions other than those specifically listed in the PDS.
- Relevant Information about purchasing a policy whilst already overseas can be found in the PDS.
Getting a Quote: You can Get A Quote from us which will be emailed to you by one of our consultants. It will ensure you have all the correct information, a printable plan comparison summary, the latest PDS, and will give you the opportunity to ask us any questions.
Quoting and Purchasing Tips
- Enter your policy start date as the ‘departure’ date.
- Make sure you indicate that you are already overseas.
- If you are unsure about anything we suggest that you obtain a detailed quote from us to ensure that you are eligible for this policy.
- When getting a quote, select the appropriate international destination category for the duration of your policy.
- If you are travelling to more than one overseas destination – please select your main destination category (by majority of time) for the duration of your policy. If you purchase for your main destination category, you will still be covered in other minor destinations that you may visit.
- Skiing and Snowboarding cover is automatically included in the policies with no extra surcharge (off piste excluded)
- Motorcycle/Moped/Scooter riding is covered if you are fully licensed. For further details see the relevant section in the PDS.
- Many other adventure activities are also covered. Get a detailed quote and ask to confirm whether your planned adventure activities are covered.
If you do purchase from us you will receive an instant confirmation emailed to you with your policy certificate and electronic emergency assistance card attached.
Need further assistance?
Travel Insurance Services look forward to assisting you with a range of Travel Insurance products. You can save 25% on all the premiums whether you buy them from online via purchasing links or by contacting us over the phone.