Non Resident Travel Insurance – Save 25%
Travel Insurance for Non Residents visiting Australia is available from our website. If you are a Non Resident of Australia and are planning a trip to, within and from Australia, then you can purchase Non Resident Travel Insurance that will cover your entire trip to and from Australia until you return to your country of origin. Not all insurers cover you for your return journey so please be aware of this. You are also able to extend a Non Resident Travel Insurance policy if you decide to stay in Australia longer than you had originally planned. The Non Resident Travel Insurance policy also allows you to visit other countries either from Australia or en route providing you still spend the majority of your time on your policy in Australia.
You can choose between a range of Non Resident Policies from Top to Basic cover subject to the following:
- You must be 85 years of age and under at the date of issue of your Certificate of Insurance..
- To purchase these policies your time spent in Australia must exceed the time spent elsewhere overseas on your trip. On this Non Resident policy you are also covered for any return trips from Australia e.g. Bali, NZ or Fiji.
- Non Residents do not have any cover for pre-existing medical conditions other than those specifically listed under the heading ‘ Pre-Existing Medical Conditions which may be covered with no additional premium payable ‘ on pages 24 & 25 of the Product Disclosure Statements.
- You are able to purchase the Top Non Residents policy or the Basic Non Residents policy after you arrive in Australia, but there is a waiting period of 48 hours from the date of issue for all claims arising from, related to and associated with any injury or sickness
- A sponsor in Australia can purchase the policy on behalf of the insured as long as they are a resident of Australia
Quoting Tip : To get a Non Resident Travel Insurance quote emailed to you please click on the detailed quote button above or below. It will ensure you have all the correct information, a benefits summary plus the latest brochure. It will also include helpful information specific to the policy you wish to purchase.
Non Resident Travel Insurance policies are available in Top to Basic Cover. They cover you for the following categories of cover.
- Overseas Emergency Medical Assistance/Evacuation
- Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital Expenses
- Cancellation Fees and Lost Deposits
- Additional Expenses
- Hospital Cash Allowance
- Accidental Death
- Permanent Disability
- Loss of Travel Documents, Credit Cards and Travellers Cheques
- Luggage and Personal Effects
- Luggage and Personal Effects Delay Expenses
- Travel Delay Expenses
- Alternative Transport Expenses
- Personal Liability
- Rental Vehicle Excess /Return of Vehicle
Further information on the benefits of the Non Resident policies can be viewed at the Benefits button above. They also appear when you get an online quote or you can read them in the relevant Product Disclosure Statements.
Non Residents from New Zealand, Italy, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Malta, The Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom, Belgium and Slovenia have a reciprocal health agreement with Australia and as such this policy does not cover any event or occurrence which would constitute ‘health insurance business’. For clarification please call Aussietravelcover on +61 2 99798888