International Travel Insurance for Non Residents (Outbound)
If you are currently in Australia as a non-permanent resident, and you are temporarily travelling overseas, you may be eligible for our normal International plans if you fulfil the conditions below. This policy would cover you just for an overseas trip, departing from and returning to Australia, and is suitable for visitors and temporary resident visa holders. (If you are a non-resident and require insurance for your time within Australia, please visit our non-resident inbound travel insurance page.)
As per page 31/32 of the Product Disclosure Statement, cover is available for temporary residents (i.e. ineligible for a Medicare Card) living in Australia under the Top Plus International, Top International, Mid International, Basic International, Budget International, Top Domestic & Basic Domestic plans, however:
- you must purchase your Policy in Australia before you commence your journey; and
- your journey must commence and end in Australia.
Additionally, at the time of purchasing the policy, you must:
- be aged 74 years and under,
- hold a return ticket to Australia,
- have a Home address in Australia to which you intend to return, and
- hold a current Australian visa which will remain valid beyond the period of the journey.
The policy is the same International policy that residents of Australia can purchase except;
- There is no cover available for Pre-existing Medical Conditions other than those specifically listed under the heading ‘Pre-existing medical conditions which me may cover with no additional premium’ as listed on pages 24/25 of the PDS.
- There is no medical coverage in Australia or your country of residence.
- Under Section 2 (Overseas Emergency Medical Assistance/Evacuation), if you injure yourself, become sick or die overseas, and it is necessary to repatriate you or your remains, we will at our option pay the lesser of the cost of returning to your Home in Australia or the International airport nearest to where you normally live Overseas.
Get a quote to view all the benefit for the various plan options.
Getting a Quote: Receive an instant quote online using the Aussietravelcover Quote and CHI Travel Insurance buttons. Alternatively you can get a Detailed Quote emailed to you by one of our consultants. It will ensure you have all the correct information specific to your policy, a printable plan comparison summary, the latest PDS, and will give you the opportunity to ask us any questions.
Need further assistance ?
Travel Insurance Services look forward to assisting you with all Aussietravelcover and CHI Travel Insurance products. You can save 25% on all our premiums whether you purchase from us online or over the phone.