International Travel Insurance for Non Residents (Outbound)
If you are currently in Australia as a non-permanent resident, and you are temporarily travelling overseas, you may be eligible for a normal International plan if you fulfill the conditions below. This policy would cover you just for an overseas trip, departing from and returning to Australia, and is suitable for visitors and temporary resident visa holders. (If you are a non-resident and require insurance for your time within Australia as well, please visit our non-resident inbound travel insurance page.)
Cover is available for temporary residents (i.e. ineligible for a Medicare Card) living in Australia all International Plans and two Domestic Plans, however:
- you must purchase your Policy in Australia before you commence your journey; and
- your journey must commence and end in Australia.
Additionally, at the time of purchasing the policy, you must:
- be aged 74 years and under,
- hold a return ticket to Australia,
- have a Home address in Australia to which you intend to return, and
- hold a current Australian visa which will remain valid beyond the period of the journey.
The policy is the same International policy that residents of Australia can purchase except;
- There is no cover available for Pre-existing Medical Conditions other than those specifically listed in the PDS.
- There is no medical coverage in Australia or your country of residence.
Get a quote to view all the terms and conditions in the PDS and the benefits for the various plan options.
Getting a Quote: You can Get A Quote from us which will be emailed to you by one of our consultants. It will ensure you have all the correct information, a printable plan comparison summary, the latest PDS, and will give you the opportunity to ask us any questions.
Need further assistance?
Travel Insurance Services look forward to assisting you with a range of Travel Insurance products. You can save 25% on all the premiums whether you buy them from online via purchasing links or by contacting us over the phone.