New Online Claims Process
Allianz Global Assistance has launched an online Travel Claims Portal to simplify the process of lodging a travel insurance claim.
The claims portal is accessible on any web-enabled device that has an Internet browser, enabling you to lodge claims anywhere and at any time. To help speed up processing times, you are able to upload supporting documentation and provide your bank details for payment if your claim is approved.
You can save your online claim at any point and return later to complete your submission. Once a claim is submitted you will be contacted within 10 business days.
The travel claims portal can be accessed at: https://www.travelclaims.com.au
We hope you do not have a claim but here is some information and tips to make lodging a claim easier. Please refer to pages 56 & 57 in the CHI Travel Insurance brochure or 57 & 58 in the Aussietravelcover brochure for all the information relating to claims.
For Claims Enquiries for Aussietravelcover please call: 1300 667 132
For Claims Enquiries for CHI Travel Insurance Services please call: 1300 654 811
You must give Allianz Global Assistance any information they reasonably ask for to support your claim at your expense, such as but not limited to police reports, valuations, medical reports, original receipts or proof of ownership. You must co-operate with Allianz Global assistance at all times in relation to the provision of supporting evidence and such other information as they reasonably require.
What to do in the event of a claim
- For Medical, Hospital or dental claims, contact Allianz Global Assistance as soon as practicable. Contact numbers will be on your emergency assistance card.
- For loss or theft of your Luggage and Personal Effects, report it immediately to the police or obtain a written notice of your report.
- For damage or misplacement of your Luggage and Personal Effects, caused by the airline or any other operator or accommodation provider, report the damage or misplacement to an appropriate official and obtain a written report, including any offer of settlement that they may make.
- Please use the Allianz Global Assistance claim form for both Aussietravelcover and CHI Travel Insurance claims.
- Submit full details of any claim in writing within 30 days of your return.