An online Travel Claims Portal is now available to simplify the process of lodging a travel insurance claim.
The claims portal is accessible on any web-enabled device that has an Internet browser, enabling you to lodge claims anywhere and at any time. To help speed up processing times, you are able to upload supporting documentation and provide your bank details for payment if your claim is approved.
You can save your online claim at any point and return later to complete your submission. Once a claim is submitted you will be contacted within 10 business days.
The travel claims portal can be accessed at: https://www.travelclaims.com.au
We hope you do not have a claim but here is some information and tips to make lodging a claim easier. Please refer to the claims section in the relevant PDS for further information relating to claims.
For Claims Enquiries please refer to the back page of the PDS for the relevant phone number.
You must give the insurer any information they reasonably ask for to support your claim at your expense, such as but not limited to police reports, valuations, medical reports, original receipts or proof of ownership. You must co-operate with the insurer at all times in relation to the provision of supporting evidence and such other information as they reasonably require.
What to do in the event of a claim
- For Medical, Hospital or dental claims, contact the insurer as soon as practicable. Contact numbers will be on your emergency assistance card.
- For loss or theft of your Luggage and Personal Effects, report it immediately to the police or obtain a written notice of your report.
- For damage or misplacement of your Luggage and Personal Effects, caused by the airline or any other operator or accommodation provider, report the damage or misplacement to an appropriate official and obtain a written report, including any offer of settlement that they may make.
- Please use either the claim form or online portal below for all Travel Insurance claims.
- Submit full details of any claim in writing within 30 days of your return.