International Travel Insurance – Save 25%
International travel can be a fantastic and rewarding experience but it may not always go according to plan. Having either an Aussietravelcover or CHI Travel Insurance comprehensive travel insurance policy will give you peace of mind whilst overseas. All policies are underwritten by Allianz with 24/7 emergency assistance provided by Allianz Global Assistance. There are 5 International plans to choose from each with varying levels of benefits in some categories of cover. You can choose from Top Plus, Top, Mid, Basic or Budget cover.
All Aussietravelcover and CHI Travel Insurance International plans include cover for unlimited overseas emergency medical & hospital expenses* and unlimited emergency assistance/evacuation. In the Top Plus, Top, Mid and Basic International plans there are 16 categories of cover including cover for cancellation fees, luggage and personal effects, travel delay expenses, personal liability and rental vehicle insurance excess.
We give you the option to choose the plan that is right for you with different benefit limits across our range of plans. It is important to carefully consider the differences between the plans to ensure you are fully covered for your trip. Your level of cancellation cover should be enough to cover the total cost of your trip.
Get a quote from us to view the full summary of benefits for each plan option.
Getting a Quote: Receive an instant quote online using the Aussietravelcover Quote and CHI Travel Insurance buttons. Alternatively you can get a Detailed Quote emailed to you by one of our consultants. It will ensure you have all the correct information specific to your policy, a printable plan comparison summary, the latest PDS, and will give you the opportunity to ask us any questions.
Are you planning multiple trips in the next 12 months ? If so it may be beneficial for you to purchase an Annual Multi-Journey policy.
Cover Type and Destinations
Travel Insurance from Aussietravelcover and CHI Travel Insurance offer single, duo and family policies with no age limits in the Top Plus, Top, Mid and Basic International plans You will need to select the destination category that you are travelling to.
If travelling to more than one overseas destination:
- For Aussietravelcover you select the main destination category where you plan to spend the majority of your time during your policy.
- For CHI Travel Insurance you select the highest destination category (you are permitted 3 nights in a higher destination than the area you select)
Cruise Cover is included in our international policies. If you are cruising in Australian waters, or to Indonesia, Fiji and New Zealand you will need to select the South-West Pacific (including Pacific cruising) destination category so that you are covered medically whilst on board the cruise ship. If you are spending the majority of time in international waters, then you will need to purchase a worldwide region policy.
- Variation of Standard Excess - There is a standard excess of $150 per claim. For the Top Plus, Top, Mid and Basic international plans you can reduce the excess on your policy to Nil or you can increase your excess to $250.
- Specified Luggage and Personal Effects Cover - Included in most plans is a certain level of luggage and personal effects cover. Page 22/23 of the PDS details the individual item limits with further details on pages 48-51. If your plan's luggage limit does not have enough cover for one of your items, you are able to pay an extra premium to further insure items up to an extra $5,000.
- Skiing and snowboarding are automatically included in our policies (off-piste excluded). Many other adventure activities are also included. Please call us on 1300 851 565 to confirm that the activity you are planning is covered.
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
This is a very important aspect to consider when purchasing your travel insurance. Not all pre-existing medical conditions are covered automatically. You are able to to apply for special pre-existing cover on all the Aussietravelcover and CHI Travel Insurance International plans. Please refer to our pre-existing medical conditions page for more information about the medical assessment procedure.
Need further assistance ?
Travel Insurance Services look forward to assisting you with all Aussietravelcover and CHI Travel Insurance products. You can save 25% on all our premiums whether you purchase from us online or over the phone.